- Is your relationship not going well or are you going out with the wrong type of person over and over again? Or are you not dating much at all?
- Do you feel inadequate or are you afraid to show people who you really are? Or are you worried people will reject you?
- Do you find you can be critical of yourself, take things too personally or do you feel like your thoughts sometimes spin out of control?
- Do you put the needs of others above your own, so your own needs are never met?
- Do you procrastinate or are you feeling sad, hopeless, unmotivated or anxious?
- Do you abuse alcohol, drugs, have compulsive sex, or spend too much time online?
- Were you abused or neglected as a child? Or did you grow up in a family where there was alcohol / substance abuse?
- Are you unhappy about your life’s direction so far or is your career not advancing the way you would like?
If you’re struggling with any of these problems, it's possible to work on theses concerns in a more productive way. That's why counseling or therapy are true investments in yourself. The experience can ultimately lead to a range of possibilities to make your life work better.
The opportunity to make effective change in life requires courage and commitment to explore patterns that have stood in the way of achieving your goals.
The process of making change can be painful and scary and the tendency can be to stick with the comfort of the familiar, even though it no longer works.
But You’re Not Alone On This Journey. I Look At Therapy As A Collaborative Process ...
As your therapist, you have invited me into your life to help you:
- I work to create an environment that is both safe and challenging.
- And, from a place of curiosity we can examine together the various thoughts feelings and behaviors that lead to these troubling patterns.
- I work in an active and direct way through a variety of techniques tailored to your needs.
- And, it is through this partnership that we can work towards achieving your goals.
My practice focuses on treating:
- Intimacy / relationship problems.
- Sexual compulsivity.
- Alcohol / substance abuse.
- Al-Anon / Codependency / co-addiction.
- Personality issues.
- Childhood traumas.
- Career issues.
And, I have a speciality working in the LGBT community. The treatment modalities I utilize include individual and group psychotherapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT) and EMDR.