It can be quite difficult to stop or moderate these behaviors on one’s own. So attending a weekly group and talking with other men from the NYC area about what’s going on for you breaks the shame and isolation and provides structure when trying to make changes.
Some Other Benefits Of Group Therapy, New York City, Include:
- Support and connection with group members as it’s very important to feel you can identify and relate with other men struggling with similar problems.
- Both giving and receiving feedback as to how you are perceived is invaluable.
- Having opportunities for appropriate confrontation. This is necessary in order to help facilitate a sense of responsibility for one’s behavior and work towards recovering a healthy sex life.
Group therapy along with individual therapy and, for many, additional support from the Twelve Step community is a powerful combination to combat the challenges one faces when getting sober.
Twelve Step Programs Geared Towards Tackling Sex Addiction Include:
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous (SCA).
- Sexual Recovery Anonymous (SRA).
- Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA).
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA).
- Sexaholics Anonymous (SA).