My former career in business, combined with extensive experience consulting with corporate Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) has been particularly helpful to people facing all kinds of career issues.
My practice focuses on treating anxiety, depression, sexual compulsivity, alcohol / substance abuse, Al-Anon / ACOA issues, codependency / co-addiction, personality issues, childhood traumas, intimacy / relationship problems and career issues. The treatment modalities I utilize include individual and group psychotherapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT) and EMDR. I treat adults and also have a specialty in working with the LGBT Community.
Certifications / Additional Training:
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP) - American Group Psychotherapy Association - New York.
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) - This certification was developed and conducted by Dr. Patrick Carnes, a nationally known speaker and educator on addiction and recovery issues.
- Certified EFT Therapist for Couples - Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT) is a highly validated approach developed by Dr. Susan Johnson, an internationally known expert in the field of couples' therapy.
- Certified Schema Therapist - International Society for Schema Therapy, Jeffrey Young, Ph.D.
- EMDR Levels I, II and III - This training was conducted by Dr Laurel Parnell, a leading expert in EMDR, an EMDRIA approved trainer (emdria.org) and the author of several books about EMDR.
- Certificate in Group Psychotherapy - One Year Training Program - Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society training program in Group psychotherapy - New York.
- Ongoing group work with The Center for Group Studies - New York. The program is designed around the principles and techniques of Louis Ormont, Ph.D., who was an international leader in modern analytic group therapy.
- Introductory Program in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy - Certificate of Completion - Postgraduate Center for Mental Health - New York.
Professional Memberships / Affiliations:
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP).
- Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society (EGPS).
- The Center for Group Studies (CGS).
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA).
- Society for Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH).
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP).
- International Society for Schema Therapy (ISST).
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT).
- The New York Center for EFT.
- The New York State Society for Clinical Social Work (NYSSCSW).
What will therapy cost?
Today’s health insurance plans can be confusing to navigate but many policies have what is called an “out-of-network" benefit. Services may be covered in part or in full by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Some plans help reduce the cost of therapy by covering approximately 50% to 80% of your therapy fee. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits and does my plan have “out-of-network" benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- What is the percentage of coverage based on the fee per session for an out-of-network provider? This is partially determined by the procedural code for the type of therapy session you will be having. I can provide you with this code prior to checking your benefits.
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- It is the client's responsibility to pay for each session on the day of your appointment. A receipt will be provided at the end of each session or on a monthly basis to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Payment by cash, check, credit card or through your bank's bill payment service is expected at the time of your appointment.
Please be aware that I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment or do not cancel a session at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled session time you will be charged the full session fee.
To schedule a consultation please call or contact me for more information: