- Are you going out with the wrong type of person over and over again or not dating much at all?
- Do you find you can be critical of yourself, take things too personally or do you feel like your thoughts sometimes spin out of control?
- Do you procrastinate getting things done?
- Are you feeling sad, hopeless, unmotivated or anxious?
- Do you abuse alcohol, drugs, have compulsive sex, or spend too much time online?
- Are you unhappy about the way things are going in your life or is your career not advancing the way you would like?
If you have any of these problems, then cognitive, schema or EMDR therapy can help. It's possible to work on your problems in a more productive way. As your therapist, I will partner with you in an active, direct way to work on making changes in your life and equip you with your own problem solving techniques. I offer individual therapy, group therapy for gay men and couples counseling.
By making a commitment to work on problems troubling you, you are investing in making your life work better.
References: “A Clients Guide to Schema-Focused Cognitive Therapy” by David C. Bricker, Ph.D. and Jeffrey E. Young Ph.D., Cognitive Therapy Center of New York, Winter,1993; Schema Therapy by Jeffrey E. Young Ph.D., Janet S.Klosko Ph.D. and Marjorie E. Weishaar, Ph.D. (2003), New York: Guilford.